Foreign Language Classes for Children (6 mo - 12y) throughout RI
Small Talk Language Academy offers an early language program designed to expose children to foreign languages and stimulate interest in world cultures. We offer Spanish, French, Italian and Mandarin Chinese educational playgroup classes taught by native-speaking teachers. For children 6 mo - 12y
Welcome! Bienvenue! Bienvenida! 欢迎 Benvenuti!
- Our language immersion classes are designed to engage children 6 months to 12 years of age in French, Italian, Mandarin Chinese, and Spanish.
- Classes will be taught by our native-speaking instructors and will run for 45 minutes to one hour long at one of our child-friendly enrichment centers.
- Through our play-based curriculum students gain a global perspective and obtain skills that enable them to communicate with a wide range of people, appreciate other cultures, become flexible thinkers, and enrich their lives.
- Our classes immerse students in their target language through music, movement, and storytelling using the Thibaut Technique; developed by François Thibaut, founder of The Language Workshop for Children in New York City.
- We invite you to visit us at any of our locations throughout the state of Rhode Island; Providence, Barrington, Warwick, & Wakefield, to meet some of our outstanding teachers and experience our dynamic and engaging community.
The Importance of Early Language Learning
Young children possess a great capacity to absorb and learn language. Experts estimate by age 12 humans already begin to lose the ability to hear and say new sounds. By taking advantage of the window of opportunity between birth and adolescence children are able to optimize their learning potential, speak secondary languages with a native accent, and absorb gramatical structure naturally.
Read more about the additional cognitive benefits of children that learn a second language at http://smalltalkusa.com.
About Small Talk Language Academy
Small Talk Language Academy was founded to fill an unmet need in Rhode Island and Southern New England for children to obtain early foreign language learning in a multicultural setting. Our fundamental objective is to offer a quality foreign language program that will prepare children to become engaged global citizens of the 21st century.
About The Language Workshop For Children
Small Talk Language Academy has partnered with The Language Workshop For Children to offer students the opportunity to learn additional languages and cultures in a fun and engaging immersion environment. The Language Workshop For Children is the country's leader in children's educational play. It was developed by Francois Thibaut in 1973 as an enriched play method to teach foreign languages to babies, toddlers, and children. His recognized Thibaut Technique combines original music, vocabulary focused songs, language immersion, attractive visual aids, movement, and games to make learning both effective and fun for children.
For more details about our program, please contact
Small Talk Language Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 401.349.5353
Also visit our website at www.smalltalkusa.com.